Traditional Souvlaki Pork Kebabs
Souvlaki Kebabs are great for serving in a warm pitta bread with salad, Tahini dip a good squeeze of lemon. The smaller chunks of meat cook quickly and evenly over white hot coals using our fantastic Rotisserie BBQ's and motors!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes (plus a couple of hours to Marinade)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons greek olive oil
- 1 good pinch of dried greek oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 500g (1.2 lb) pork neck or shoulder, diced into 2.5cm (1”) cubes
- In a large glass bowl, mix together lemon juice, olive oil, oregano and pork, stir to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Thread pork onto skewers.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes brushing with olive oil sporadically, turning skewers
Serve in a warm pitta bread with salad, Tahini dip a good squeeze of lemon.
Buy a good cut of pork with plenty of fat and alternate the fatty pieces between more lean cuts of meat as this will allow the meat to self-baste during cooking and you will end up with delicious crispy bits
For best results, obviously we highly recommend cooking using our fantastic motorised Traditional Cyprus charcoal barbecues!