Belly Pork Souvlaki Kebabs cooked over charcoal on a Cyprus rotisserie BBQ
Belly Pork Souvlaki Kebabs are delicious served in a warm pitta bread with Greek salad, Tahini dip a good squeeze of lemon. The small chunks of belly pork cook quickly and evenly over white hot coals using our fantastic Rotisserie Cyprus BBQs and motors!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes (plus upto a couple of hours to Marinade)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3-4 tablespoons Greek olive oil
- 1 good pinch of dried Greek oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 500g (1.2 lb) Belly Pork
- Dice the Belly Pork into 2.5cm (1”) cubes
- In a large glass bowl, mix together lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, and pork, stir to coat.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours for the best results, but you can use it sooner if you are hungry!!.
- Thread pork onto souvlaki skewers.
- Cook over hot coals on the rotisserie Cyprus BBQ for 15 to 20 minutes brushing occasionally with olive oil
Serve in a warm pitta bread with salad, Tahini dip a good squeeze of lemon.
Alternate the fatty pieces between more lean cuts of meat as this will allow the meat to self-baste during cooking and you will end up with delicious crispy bits
For best results, obviously, we highly recommend cooking using our fantastic Traditional Cyprus charcoal barbecues!
Whole Sea Bass cook...
Whole Sea Bass cooked over charcoal on a Cyprus BBQ are delicious, served with warm pitta bread, a Greek salad and a good squeeze of lemon. They fi...Read More
Lamb Souvla Cooked ...
Souvla is a hugely popular Cypriot dish ideal for any party, family occasion or even as an alternative for your Sunday Lunch #sundaysouvla.Read More
Chicken Souvlaki Ke...
Chicken Souvlaki Kebabs are a perfect taste of Cyprus, served in a warm pitta bread with Greek salad and a good squeeze of lemon.Read More