Belly Pork Souvlaki Kebabs are delicious served in a warm pitta bread with Greek salad, Tahini dip a good squeeze of lemon. The small chunks of belly pork cook quickly and evenly over white hot coals using our fantastic Rotisserie Cyprus BBQs and motors!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes (plus upto a couple of hours to Marinade)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3-4 tablespoons Greek olive oil
- 1 good pinch of dried Greek oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 500g (1.2 lb) Belly Pork
- Dice the Belly Pork into 2.5cm (1”) cubes
- In a large glass bowl, mix together lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, and pork, stir to coat.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours for the best results, but you can use it sooner if you are hungry!!.
- Thread pork onto souvlaki skewers.
- Cook over hot coals on the rotisserie Cyprus BBQ for 15 to 20 minutes brushing occasionally with olive oil
Serve in a warm pitta bread with salad, Tahini dip a good squeeze of lemon.
Alternate the fatty pieces between more lean cuts of meat as this will allow the meat to self-baste during cooking and you will end up with delicious crispy bits
For best results, obviously, we highly recommend cooking using our fantastic Traditional Cyprus charcoal barbecues!