Chicken Souvlaki Kebabs Cooked on a Cyprus BBQ
Chicken Souvlaki Kebabs are a perfect taste of Cyprus, served in a warm pitta bread with Greek salad and a good squeeze of lemon. The small chunks of chicken cook quickly and evenly over white-hot coals using one of our fantastic Rotisserie Cyprus BBQs and motors!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes (plus up to a couple of hours to Marinade)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3-4 tablespoons Greek olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of dried Greek oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 boneless chicken Breasts
- Dice the Chicken into 2.5cm (1”) cubes
- In a large glass bowl, mix together lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, and chicken, stir to coat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Cover, and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours for the best results, but you can use it sooner if you are hungry!!.
- Thread chicken onto souvlaki skewers.
- Cook over hot coals on the rotisserie Cyprus BBQ for 15 to 20 minutes brushing occasionally with olive oil
For a little extra flavour add a couple of cloves of minced garlic to the marinade
For best results, obviously, we highly recommend cooking using our fantastic Traditional Cyprus charcoal barbecues!
Whole Sea Bass cook...
Whole Sea Bass cooked over charcoal on a Cyprus BBQ are delicious, served with warm pitta bread, a Greek salad and a good squeeze of lemon. They fi...Read More
Lamb Souvla Cooked ...
Souvla is a hugely popular Cypriot dish ideal for any party, family occasion or even as an alternative for your Sunday Lunch #sundaysouvla.Read More
Chicken Souvlaki Ke...
Chicken Souvlaki Kebabs are a perfect taste of Cyprus, served in a warm pitta bread with Greek salad and a good squeeze of lemon.Read More