Chicken Souvlaki Kebabs are a perfect taste of Cyprus, served in a warm pitta bread with Greek salad and a good squeeze of lemon. The small chunks of chicken cook quickly and evenly over white-hot coals using one of our fantastic Rotisserie Cyprus BBQs and motors!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes (plus up to a couple of hours to Marinade)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3-4 tablespoons Greek olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of dried Greek oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 boneless chicken Breasts
- Dice the Chicken into 2.5cm (1”) cubes
- In a large glass bowl, mix together lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, and chicken, stir to coat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Cover, and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours for the best results, but you can use it sooner if you are hungry!!.
- Thread chicken onto souvlaki skewers.
- Cook over hot coals on the rotisserie Cyprus BBQ for 15 to 20 minutes brushing occasionally with olive oil
For a little extra flavour add a couple of cloves of minced garlic to the marinade
For best results, obviously, we highly recommend cooking using our fantastic Traditional Cyprus charcoal barbecues!